Over the last few days, as I looked over my goal list here, my to-do list on paper, and just plain looked around my home, I came to the realization that I have too many things that I’m trying to get done and not enough time in which to finish them all. Something has to change, and I honestly don’t know what it is yet. There’s meals, homeschooling, potty training, diaper changing, baths, online college classes, reading, blogging, running a design business, and on and on the list goes….
I was busy with blog projects last week (which I loved working on), but at the end of the week I had done almost nothing for my two online classes, which now puts me behind with school. Is it May yet?
I’m not sure what to do because I don’t feel like there is anything that I can completely give up for a long period of time. I feel stuck, but I know what I really need to do to get unstuck. I need to set some time aside and pray about what the Lord wants me to be doing right now and how I can better organize my days to get those things done in the most glorifying way possible. I need to pray, and that is what I will do this week.
Here’s what happened with last week’s goals:
Come up with a family activity for us to do for our Family Day on Friday. Done. We took the kids to Culver’s for lunch on my birthday. I used two coupons, and we all ate for $26 (with dessert). Pretty good for a family of seven (baby girl was not a part of the eating, though). We wanted to avoid a $50 meal out at a sit-down restaurant.
Cook with Breanna and Isaac for our “cooking days” together. Done. I made quick homemade cinnamon rolls with Breanna, completely from scratch with a great recipe! And Isaac and I made our family’s favorite BIG chocolate chip cookies.
3. Walk for 30 minutes 3 days this week and do strength training 2 days with my exercise band. Almost. I ended up walking for 2 days and worked out with the band twice as well.
4. Finish reading WordPress Web Design for Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson. I wish! I’m hoping to finish this book this week.
5. Wake up by 5:30am every morning. I’m come to the realization that this isn’t going to happen anytime soon. Baby girl has been going to bed around 11-11:30pm for the night and that hinders my efforts to get up early. The last two days are showing some promise, though. Elisabeth has gone into a deep sleep a little earlier.
Home Management Goals:
Help Nathan and Breanna sort through their clothes and remove what doesn’t fit and can be donated. I’m also going to try to make up a couple of boxes for ThreadUp. Done, but I decided to forego the ThreadUP boxes and instead either donate the clothes or keep them as hand-me-downs in tightly sealed boxes.
Sew hole in Breanna’s pants since I didn’t get to this last week or the week before. Done.
8. Post one blog post each day. I started well, but didn’t finish well on this one. Hoping this week will be better. I’ve planned my posts out. I just need to write them.
9. Implement regular Office Hours for both my business and blog time, and send emails I didn’t get to last week. Ha! Along with the realization that I won’t be getting up at 5:30am each morning because of baby girl’s sleep habits, I also need to rethink my Office Hours idea. I suppose if I take a look at things as they stand right now, the best time to have Office Hours would be from 9:30-11:30pm. Maybe I should try this? I did send most of the emails I needed to, but not all.
Create graphic I have in mind to use in future weekly posts. Done! I’m looking forward to sharing a new weekly feature with you soon.
This week’s goals…
1. Cook with David, our almost 3yr. old.
2. Write in the children’s baby books.
3. Walk for 30 minutes 3 days this week and do strength training 2 days with my exercise band.
4. Finish reading WordPress Web Design for Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson.
5. Wake up by 8:00am every morning.
Home Management Goals:
6. Help the kids clean their closet.
7. Put away my coupons, so that I actually have them ready when I need them.
8. Post one blog post each day.
9. Implement regular Office Hours for both my business and blog time, and send emails I didn’t get to last week. I guess I’m going to try the 9:30-11:30pm Office Hours this week.
10. Add more plugins for functionality to The Sensible Mom.
What are your goals for the week?