Last week was a pretty stressful week. The original house that we had made an offer on didn’t turn out in our favor, so we moved on to make an offer on our #2 house, which was a bit higher in price. And we found out on Thursday, after more negotiation, that our offer was accepted.
We’re moving to Georgia!
It’s starting to sink in a bit now, but it felt surreal at first. The saddest part of moving is leaving friends and family, so I’m trying to get in as much time with them as possible over the next month before we have to officially drive to Georgia to close on the house and move in.
I didn’t get as much accomplished as I had hoped in terms of my goals. But a tiny bit of progress is still progress, right?
Here’s how I did:
1. Continue reading through the Psalms with the kids. I didn’t read nearly as much as I had hoped. I think I only read Psalms once with Breanna, but it did spark a conversation that led her to read a portion of 2 Samuel.
Spend time reading one-on-one with David. Done.
Walk on the treadmill 4 days this week for longer periods of time than I did last week. Done.
ontinue counting my calories. Done, and I’m definitely keeping this up! It was another eye-opening week to find out how many calories really are in the foods I consume. We went out to lunch after church with Ruben’s parents on Sunday afternoon. We went to Chilis, and I ordered a salad. When I got home, I checked the calorie intake of that particular salad on the Chilis website. It had 1,300 calories! For a salad. Needless to say, I ended up having to be more careful about what I ate for the rest of the day, since I had consumed my calorie allowance for that day before dinner.
5. Wake up by 8:00am every morning. I honestly didn’t try hard enough on this goal. I stayed up way too late most nights, and probably woke up around 8:30am most days.
Home Management Goals:
6. Clean the refrigerator. I *thought* about doing this quite a few times, just never actually did it.
7. Pack up as many boxes as possible. All the packing was put on hold after we found out our offer was not accepted on the first house. Now that our offer has been accepted on the second house, packing is going to continue in high gear.
8. Post one blog post each day. No….I’m hoping for a better week this week. I’ve decided to try to focus on writing all or the majority of my blog posts in one day and schedule them. We’ll see how that works.
Work on client project. Done.
Return emails. Done.
And now for this week’s goals:
1. Continue reading through the Psalms with the kids with a focus on reading a psalm together before lunch.
2. Continue spending time reading one-on-one with David.
3. Walk on the treadmill 4 days this week for longer periods of time than I did last week.
4. Continue counting my calories.
5. Wake up by 7:00am every morning. I’m going to try to go to bed earlier and start working my way down to getting up before the kids. Someday, I’d like to get back to a routine of waking up by 5:00am every morning. Today I got up around 6:45am, which is a start.
Home Management Goals:
6. Clean the refrigerator.
7. Pack up as many boxes as possible.
8. Post one blog post each day.
9. Finish designing a blog for Breanna.
10. Return emails.
What are your goals for the week?