Last week went by so quickly. We did make some pretty good progress as far as unpacking goes, and Ruben was able to build everything that needed to be put together. So we are all sleeping in beds and not mattresses on the floor. That’s always good! And we even have a place to put our clothes, because the dressers are now built.
We’re down to one box unpacked downstairs (not counting the boxes in the garage that have things we don’t urgently need), and we have around 6-7 boxes to unpack upstairs. It will be my goal to go through these boxes this week.
Here’s how I did with all of my goals last week:
Spend more time talking with the kids and less time “doing” even though we have lots to do - Done.
Cook with Breanna - Done – We made “No Bake” Cookies following a recipe from the Deliciously Organic website. They turned out very good, and I’m freezing a couple bags of them so that we don’t devour them all in two days.
3. Continue drinking at least one homemade juice a day. We purchased a Breville Juicer before we left Illinois and started using it a few days ago. It works fantastic! And the juices are delicious. We had carrot pear juice today – just carrots, pears, and a little water in the juicer. I also made fresh apple juice for Breanna, which she says is her favorite so far. It was just 3 green apples, juiced. Nothing else added. - I didn’t end up making any juice over the weekend, and I really missed it. We’re looking forward to getting back to juicing today! Ruben is planning on doing a 2-day juice fast. I will drink it throughout the day with a normal diet, since I’m breastfeeding.
Organize my desk - Done
5. Start counting my calories again – I didn’t get around to counting my calories, but I’m going to try to start this week.
Home Management Goals:
6. Where should I start? Okay, I think I’ll focus on organizing and getting our master bathroom unpacked. – I WISH I would have gotten to this, but I didn’t. I definitely need to organize and unpack the master bathroom.
Unpack the boxes and remove the clutter from the school room – Done
8. Post one blog post each day – Because I was behind on a website project, and we were continuing to try to make the downstairs areas more ‘livable,’ I didn’t post as I wanted, but I’m planning on it this week.
Work on client project that I’m behind on – Done
10. Create graphics for new topics I’ll be posting on – Not done
And now for this week’s goals:
1. Start reading through the book of Proverbs with the kids
2. Cook with Breanna. I’m trying to have Breanna help me in the kitchen a lot more often now that she’s 9.5 yrs. old. We are focusing on having her look at and follow recipes on her own. She’s enjoying it.
3. Juice everyday this week
4. Pay Bills. This is a pretty boring goal, but I need to force myself to gather up the bills and pay them. I think I mostly have them all in one place now. As you can imagine, we were getting ‘final bills’ in the mail from our old home in Illinois, and new bills have been coming in. They need to be tended to.
5. Start counting my calories again
Home Management Goals:
6. Organize and unpack the master bathroom
7. Unpack the 6-7 boxes upstairs
8. Post one blog post each day
9. Work on client project that I’m behind on
10. Create graphics for new topics I’ll be posting on
What are your goals for the week?