Last week was fun and memorable. My mom was visiting, and she got to see the way we do life here in Georgia.
The sweetness and the craziness.
She witnessed it all…in raw form.
Oh, the stories she’ll tell! 🙂
Really, I don’t have words to explain what it meant to have my mom here with us. We talked, went to the zoo, talked, visited the library, talked, and took the kids swimming.
Oh yeah, and we talked. A lot. I learned things about my mom I never knew.
I love that. I loved that I learned new things about my mom and our family that I can share with my kids.
My mom also got to witness first hand that changes we are making in our diet. She tasted delicious new recipes and the juices we’ve been making, too.
She watched documentaries and doctors talking about health and went home fully indoctrinated. I am sure my family at home in IL appreciates that. 😉
Anyway, I had a fantastic week last week, and I even managed to tackle some of my goals…
Create a more structured homeschooling plan for Nathan & Breanna– Done. I decided to try out a method where we use blocks of time for the different school areas they have to accomplish, much like what is mentioned in the Tell Your Time ebook. So far so good.
2. Fix and write in baby books – I fixed the books after David had made a bit of a mess of them, but I didn’t write in them.
3. Juice everyday this week – We didn’t juice everyday, but we did okay. We are off to a good start this week, though. We all (including the kids) had juice today, and I have some ready to go in the fridge. We stumbled upon a delicious lemonade recipe that the kids like. It’s simply apples and lemon in the juicer. That’s it. It tastes great, and we pour it over ice.
Start reading the ebook, Tell Your Time (affiliate link) by Amy Lynn Andrews– Done.
5. Work on speaking more gently to my children and giving them focused attention when they are talking to me – This is a work in progress…
Home Management Goals:
Unpack 1 box from the garage– Done.
7. De-clutter kitchen counter – Half-way done. I have some paper clutter that still needs to be removed.
8. Post one blog post each day and start my regular posting schedule! – Not done, but I’m hoping for a better week!
Return email/messages I’m behind on– Done.
Create graphics for new topics I’ll be posting here on The Sensible Mom– Done! Finally!
And now for this week’s goals:
1. Read 10 books to the kids
2. Write in baby books
3. Juice everyday this week
4. Finish reading the ebook, Tell Your Time (affiliate link) by Amy Lynn Andrews
5. Cut down my coffee consumption to 1 cup per day
Home Management Goals:
6. Unpack 5 boxes from the garage
7. Organize master bedroom closet
8. Post one blog post each day and start my regular posting schedule!
9. Redesign/update my design business website. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now.
10. Use google docs to create new design questionnaires.
What are your goals for the week?