The last few weeks have been interesting. We managed to pack up most of our home, go on a family vacation to Disney World, then come back to rent a moving truck and close on our house with the new buyer.
After the closing, we finished packing (it seemed like we’d never finish), and drove away from the house that was our home for the past eight months. We arrived back in Illinois on Sunday, January 13, and here we are.
We are extremely happy to be back home in Illinois. I couldn’t stop smiling as we drove on familiar streets and past familiar places on the way to my mom’s house, where we’ve been staying as we search for a new home to rent.
I’ll be honest and say that I do miss the house that was our home in Georgia. It was a great house, and I miss it. But I’m thrilled to be living back in Illinois, and the Lord has provided a great rental home for our family. We get to move in at the end of this week.
Anyway, I’ll post more on the adventure of the last few weeks very soon, but in the meantime, here are my goals for this week:
1. Read to the children
2. Pray with each child daily
3. Keep up with an online Bible study
4. Read 10 pages of the book, Desperate
5. Pray about homeschooling (now that we are moving into the realm of having four children that’ll be doing school at home…I need some additional prayer and help)
Home Management Goals:
6. Unpack as many boxes as possible over the weekend in our new home (we should get the keys on Friday)
7. Clean areas that need it in our new home
8. Work on client project
9. Write 3 blog posts
10. Work on answering emails quickly
What are your goals for this week?