11 responses

1. Erin @ My Mommy World
    June 10, 2013

The nachos look so yummy! Can’t wait to try making my own :)

• Sandra
      June 10, 2013

They are delicious, Erin. :)

2. Danica
    June 10, 2013

We’re HUGE nacho fans! Being vegan, we make ours with a dairy-free cheese (Daiya or Galaxy Mexican Veggie Shreds). I seriously want some nachos now. LOL!

I am most excited about FRUIT. I am a fruit nut. I am about 80% raw vegan in the summer because of the abundance of fresh fruits. Yum!!

• Sandra
      June 10, 2013

Wow, Danica, that’s wonderful! I’ve tried to switch to vegan cheese, but couldn’t keep with it. We went back to regular cheese. :)

We have had great success making the switch to almondmilk and rice milk, though.

I love fresh fruit, too, and I’m definitely excited about enjoying more berries this summer!

3. Shelly
    June 10, 2013

My son will only eat nachos, no tacos, just nachos. This recipes looks really good. In our nachos we usually include meat but making them vegetarian would make the prep time much less and my kids loves beans. So I am sure it would be a big hit at our house. Thanks for sharing.

• Sandra
      June 10, 2013

Thanks, Shelly! I definitely think these nachos are great with beans vs. meat. :) We love to eat different types of beans, and we especially love black beans and pinto beans.

4. Emily
    June 11, 2013

I love a nacho recipe that doesn’t feature black olives – yours look wonderful! Can I stop by the next time you make them?!

• Sandra
      July 11, 2013

Lol, Emily! Olives crossed my mind, but my husband doesn’t like them, either. :) I, on the other hand, love them.

5. JanetGoingCrazy
    June 12, 2013

Nachos are a go-to weakness of mine…and you just convinced me they can be healthy!

• Sandra
      July 11, 2013

Lol, Janet. I would say that nachos can definitely be healthified. :)

6. Rocio
    May 5, 2014

I totally need to try those veggie nachos – yum, yum!