Homemade Sugar Scrub: Brown Sugar Face Scrub

sugar scrub

I’m a huge fan of face and body scrubs.

If you’ve never tried them before, let me tell you, they are awesome! After just one application, you can have fresher, healthier looking skin because of the way sugar scrubs exfoliate those dead skin cells.

The best part is that you can easily make homemade sugar scrubs using everyday items in your kitchen pantry. And your homemade scrubs will cost a fraction of what you’d pay at the store. Have you seen the prices of sugar scrubs in stores? Yikes!

Brown Sugar Face Scrub
I’m hoping to start sharing one DIY recipe each week here on The Sensible Mom, and since sugar scrubs are so amazing, I thought I’d start there. You may remember the last scrub recipe I posted for homemade peppermint sea salt foot scrub. Today’s recipe is just as wonderful, except that it’s for your face.

And it involves only two simple ingredients, honey and brown sugar.

face scrub

You combine the honey and brown sugar to make a single application of the face scrub. I don’t use it everyday, so I prefer to make only one application at a time. It’s super easy to make this face scrub, though, so I don’t mind. :)

brown sugar scrub

Here’s what the end result looks like.

homemade sugar scrub

To apply, you simply pull back your hair (highly recommended), and then gently rub the brown sugar scrub all over your face. When you’ve finished, rinse your face and feel how much smoother your skin is when you touch it.

When I used this scrub, I noticed that my skin looked cleaner and totally refreshed right after I rinsed. That feeling carried over into the next day.

Here’s the recipe for my homemade Brown Sugar Face Scrub

Brown Sugar Face Scrub

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar

Instructions

1. Stir together the honey and brown sugar in a small dish.
  2. TO APPLY: Pull back hair, and gently rub the facial scrub all over your face. Then rinse and enjoy softer, smoother feeling skin.

Do you use face scrubs? Have you ever tried making your own homemade scrubs?

Would you love to have more recipes like this one for other DIY homemade health and beauty products? Snag my new ebook with 21 easy recipes for only $4.99 $2.99.

Print Friendly

17 Responses to “Homemade Sugar Scrub: Brown Sugar Face Scrub”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Shelly says:

Thanks for sharing this recipe Sandra. I will be trying it soon.

2. Thanks for the recipe! I might have to try this!!

3. I love using a facial scrub, but I don’t always want to spend the money on it. I’m glad to know that I can make an all-natural one at home in small amounts :) Thanks Sandra!

4. Natasha Rodriguez says:

I bet this smells great! I am going to have to try this one! And the foot one too!

• Sandra says:

Thanks, Natasha! :) I hope you enjoy both of them! I’m going to make a new foot scrub this week, and I’m looking forward to sharing that recipe too. I love how easy it is to get super soft skin at home with sugar scrubs.

5. Love the post. I use the st ives apricot scrub for my face and love how it refreshed it makes my face feel. I am going to try this since its practically free and gives the same result lol. Thanks for the recipe :)

• Sandra says:

You’re welcome, Karla! I like the St. Ives brand, too. I love that they are a more eco-friendly brand. :) But, yes, you can practically make this recipe for free. I love that!

6. Tamara says:

Thanks for the recipe. I have used a similar one on my body, but never considered using one on my face. I may have to try it soon.

• Sandra says:

You’re welcome, Tamara. And this recipe could definitely be used for your body, not just your face. :)

7. Danica says:

How simple! Thanks for sharing!

8. Mariann says:

I’m such a D.I.Y. sugar scrub gal that I have an entire board of them on Pinterest. I’ve already pinned this one and I’m actually going to try it right now! I LOVE that it’s east breezy! Thanks for sharing!
    #SITSShareFest

• Sandra says:

Hi Mariann! Thanks for stopping by! :) I love scrubs, too. They make your skin feel super soft and they’re just lovely.

9. Lina says:

This recipe is so simple! I’ve been looking for natural recipes for pretty much everything since I had my baby 7 months ago! One question though: is it possible to make a large batch and store it? or no because of the sugar?

Thanks so much for stopping by The Sensible Mom! Your input is greatly appreciated.