Do you know what resourceful people do when they want to make donuts, but they don’t own a donut pan?
They make donut muffins.
And that’s what I did.
I made the most scrumptious donut muffins ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.
They’re that good. 😉
Baked Pumpkin Donut Muffins
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (for Vegan donuts, use egg-replacer - I used Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position, and then preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan or line with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and ground ginger.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, egg (or alternate egg substitute), vanilla extract, pumpkin, and rice milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and, with a spatula, mix just until ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly among baking cups. *I used a 1/4 measuring cup and a spoon to measure out the batter and then scoop it into the baking cups.
- Place donuts in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs on it.
- Allow donuts to sit in the muffin pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and glaze. See recipe below this one for the glaze.
Donut Glaze Recipe
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix ingredients together until smooth.
I used a regular nonstick muffin pan (not mini) and found that with this type of pan, you can expect to make eleven absolutely delicious donut muffins.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine. 🙂
Have your ever made donuts at home?