For the first time in quite a while, I was able to cross off all of my goals!
I’m not sure if that’ll happen next week, because life is returning to normal on Monday. The kids start homeschooling again, and I won’t have as much “free time” as I did during our two-week break.
Anyway, Happy New Year, friends!
Here’s what I accomplished last week:
Continue to work on memorizing two verses of scripture as a family
Plan a fun family day— We decided to start watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy (again ) and enjoyed pizza and snacks.
Do resistance band exercises 4x
Walk a total of 120 minutes on the treadmill— In case you’re wondering, I get most of my treadmill time in while watching Dateline, Forensic Files, FBI Files, or 48 Hours with my husband after the kids go to bed.
Read 20 pages of The Most Important Place on Earth (affiliate link) by Robert Wolgemuth— This week I read about the power of our spoken words, and I’m working on changing the way I talk to my family. Words matter, and I want to use mine to build up and bring correction in a more loving way.
Home Management Goals:
Spend 20 minutes cleaning/organizing the basement— I’m hoping that by spending a little time in the basement each week, it’ll end up a lot more organized, and I’ll get rid of things our family no longer needs or uses.
Spend 20 minutes de-cluttering the kids’ rooms
Create and photograph a DIY project to share in a future blog post
Photograph a product that’ll be featured in an upcoming blog post
Here are my goals for this week:
1. Continue to work on memorizing two verses of scripture as a family
2. Plan a fun family day & individual “Day Out with Dad” dates for the kids — We decided to start scheduling these special dates again now that the holidays are over.
3. Do resistance band exercises 4x
4. Walk a total of 130 minutes on the treadmill — I’m slightly increasing my goal and will also be paying more attention to what I’m eating. Thankfully, the cookies, candies, and holiday goodies have all been eaten!
5. Read 20 pages of The Most Important Place on Earth (affiliate link) by Robert Wolgemuth
6. Journal 2x
Home Management Goals:
7. Spend 20 minutes cleaning/organizing the basement
8. Fill one bag with items to donate
9. Post DIY project/recipe for peppermint sugar scrub
10. Plan out my blog redesign — This is long overdue, but I’ll admit I’m a little scared and don’t know exactly how I want my blog to look when it’s all said and done.
What are your goals for this week?