Even though I set goals late last week, I didn’t do all that bad getting things crossed off my list.
It helped that we spent most of the weekend at home. We did have a long day away on Friday, because we had to drive to Chicago for a regular appointment with David’s stem cell doctor. We ran a few errands on the way home, but didn’t get to everything we’d hoped to before traffic and hunger started to get the best of us.
Then on Sunday, we went out to shop for groceries and things we need for our upcoming trip to Florida for David’s wish. But other than that, I spent the rest of the weekend planning, cooking, cleaning, watching movies, and eating.
Here’s what I accomplished last week:
Continue to work on memorizing two verses of scripture as a family
2. Make zucchini muffins — I ran into a few problems with the zucchini. First, it seems they froze having been in a bag towards the back of the refrigerator. I noticed that some of the pre-made mashed sweet potatoes I’d put in bowls for later also had icicles on them, so we obviously needed to adjust them temperature of the fridge.
Anyway, I had set the zucchini out to thaw, and afterwards, they just didn’t look good. So I decided not to make zucchini muffins after all!
Read 20 pages of Virtual Freedom (affiliate link) by Chris Ducker
Walk a total of 60 minutes on the treadmill
Read 20 pages of The Hobbit (affiliate link) by J.R.R. Tolkein
6. Go to bed by 11:00pm the rest of this week — Oh man. I failed miserably at getting to bed by 11:00pm, but I am going to bed earlier overall. I’m also getting up earlier, which is my ultimate goal. I want to get to bed at a reasonable time, so that I can be up and ready before most of the kids are up.
Home Management Goals:
Finish homeschool planning
Rework my home/work/homeschool schedule in Google Calendar
10. Spend 15 minutes a day writing blog posts — I’ve been letting this slip, but now that I’ve reworked my schedule, I’m hoping to cross this off next week.
Here are my goals for this week:
1. Continue to work on memorizing two verses of scripture as a family
2. Plan a fun Family Night
3. Finish reading Virtual Freedom (affiliate link) by Chris Ducker
4. Walk a total of 60 minutes on the treadmill
5. Read 20 pages of The Hobbit (affiliate link) by J.R.R. Tolkein
6. Get up by 6:00am every morning — So far, so good! I woke up when my alarm clock went off at 6:00am today.
Home Management Goals:
7. Sew two items that need it
8. De-clutter my desk
9. Shoot and edit photographs for an upcoming post
10. Spend 15 minutes a day writing blog posts
What are your goals for this week?