This last week was a more productive week than the week before. I was determined to do at least some of my goals on a near daily basis and really push myself to accomplish things on my goal-list for the week instead of doing something less productive with my time…..like watching an episode of Dateline or something.
Here’s how I did:
Come up with a family activity for us to do for our Family Day on Friday. Done. We ended up picking up a couple of cheese pizzas (with a B1G1 free coupon :-)), and we got a free Blockbuster movie rental. We rented Tangled, which at first I wasn’t that excited to sit down and watch, but it ended up being a good pick after all. I really enjoyed it.
2. Cook with Breanna for our “cooking day” and
have craft time with her on Monday. Breanna did have her craft time, but I’m saving her cooking time with me until next week instead. We ended up having two birthday parties to attend (with plenty of food) and had an entire leftover pizza plus other leftovers, so I’m pushing our cooking time until next week.
Walk for 30 minutes each day for exercise. Done! Yay!
4. Finish reading Using WordPress by Tris Hussey (This is a GREAT book if you are new to WordPress, by the way.) and read 4 Chapters from Illustrator CS4 for Dummies, which I didn’t get to last week. Total fail here again. I did get ahead in the “Dummies” book, but not to my goal.
5. Wake up by 7:15am every morning. I’m going to try to push my wake-up time just a little bit earlier. I did this every morning except for Friday since I had gone to bed late the previous night.
Home Management Goals:
Clean out the new baby’s changing table which quickly became a place to store random things after Ruben assembled it. We’ve actually never had a changing table before, but we found this one at Target for 75% off! . Done.
Go through Breanna’s old baby clothes and take out the ones I want to use for the new baby. Done. Although, I still need to try to find the receiving blankets. I didn’t find a single blanket in any of the things I went through. I was able to set apart some of Breanna’s baby clothes for our new baby girl due next month, plus I now have a whole box of clothes and a bag to donate.
8. Blog for 15 minutes each day. I blogged every day except for Friday, I believe. Having this goal really helped me to stay on it this week and get those posts written. I think I’m going to keep this as a goal for a while until I make it a regular habit.
Finish downloads and cancel a subscription I have for graphics. I finished my downloads, and I’m now free to cancel my subscription.
Spend 15 minutes each day improving one thing on my blog design website, Purely Sensible Design. Done. I decided to expand this area to more than just directly improving something on the blog design website. I’m using this time to network, brainstorm ideas to attract new clients, research, and improve other areas of my business as well.
And now here are my goals for the upcoming week:
1. Come up with a family activity for us to do for our Family Day on Friday.
2. Cook with Breanna and Nathan separately for our “cooking day”.
3. Walk for 40 minutes each day for exercise. Last week, I only tried for 30 minutes each day, but I’m going to try to push myself a bit more this week and walk for 40 minutes each day.
4. Finish reading Using WordPress by Tris Hussey (This is a GREAT book if you are new to WordPress, by the way.) and read 4 Chapters from Illustrator CS4 for Dummies, which I didn’t get to last week.
5. Wake up by 7:15am every morning.
Home Management Goals:
6. Find the receiving blankets for the new baby and pack my hospital bag with everything except for the clothes I’ll wear home because I probably don’t know what that will be until the last minute.
7. Clean the bathroom and sew buttons and holes on the clothes that need repairing – I’m so bad at letting items that need sewing just sit and wait forever.
8. Blog for 15 minutes each day.
9. Cancel a subscription I have for graphics.
10. Spend 15 minutes each day focusing on my blog design business, Purely Sensible Design.
What are your goals for the week?