I was busy with a website design project last week that kept me sitting A LOT. I also did some redesigning here on The Sensible Mom that took time away from other things. It was worth it, though. I’m happy with my new blog design and glad I finally got a good start on it. I still have some work to do in my sidebars, and I’m hoping to get to that by the weekend.
I’m looking forward to sharing the website I’ve been working on, too, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
Here’s how I did with last week’s goals:
Cook with Nathan. Done. Nathan and I made the yummiest homemade brownies. I also ended up making pancakes and oatmeal cookies with David, who skipped his cooking day with me last week.
2. Write in Nathan’s, Isaac’s, and David’s baby books. I didn’t get to this.
3. Walk for 30 minutes 3 days this week and do strength training 3 days with my exercise band. I did exercise last week, but I didn’t make my goal. I’m hoping this week will be better, and I’m off to a decent start with 15 minutes on the treadmill so far today.
4. Finish reading WordPress Web Design for Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson. I haven’t yet finished this book, but I made good progress. I have less than 100 pages left to go.
5. Wake up by 6:00am every morning. I didn’t make my 6:00am goal at all last week. I keep thinking if I can just set my alarm and push myself to wake up when it goes off, I can get up before the kids and not feel behind or overwhelmed the minute I step out of my bedroom. The reality is that most nights I don’t get to bed until at least 11:30pm and then I spend the night nursing the baby whenever she wakes up. To top that off, she is sick and was sick all last week. It seems that David caught a cold somewhere and it was passed to the baby. Elisabeth has been dealing with a stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, and she’s spitting up more than usual for the last week. Poor girl. I am extremely thankful, though, for the 7 weeks our family had sickness-free right after Elisabeth was born. At least now she’s a bit older at 2 months and has been handling her first cold pretty well.
Home Management Goals:
6. Organize the bathroom shelves. Didn’t get this done.
Clean the kitchen floor. Done.
8. Post one blog post each day. Not quite, but each week that I post this goal, I’m progressing.
9. Implement regular Office Hours for both my business and blog time and start new client project. I am doing design and blog work at night after the kids go to bed, but last week I ended up also doing a good amount of it during the day with the kids around. My desk is in the living room, so I worked there while the kids played with LEGOs, did school, etc… I stopped and took breaks to do the everyday stuff like clean and cook meals.
Add more plugins for functionality to The Sensible Mom. Done. See my post on which plugins I added.
Now for this week’s goals:
1. Make a new school plan for Breanna. We are adding in some new programs and removing some things.
2. Write in Nathan’s, Isaac’s, and David’s baby books.
3. Walk for 30 minutes 3 days this week and do strength training 3 days with my exercise band.
4. Finish reading WordPress Web Design for Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson.
5. Wake up by 8:30am every morning.
Home Management Goals:
6. Organize the bathroom shelves.
7. Organize my desk.
8. Post one blog post each day.
9. Create graphics for a giveaway next month to be hosted on another website.
10. Rework my sidebars.
What are your goals for the week?