How to Make Homemade Liquid Hand soap – a video tutorial

I’ve had a lot of comments on my homemade hand soap, so I thought I’d create a video tutorial for you guys so that you can see just how we do it.

I hope you guys enjoy the video tutorial! Here’s the link to the recipe.

Print Friendly

Categories: DIY

11 Responses to “How to Make Homemade Liquid Hand soap – a video tutorial”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Shelly says:

I like your video, very nicely done. I just made my second batch of this recipe over 4th of July. I used the Yardley cocoa butter bar. It turned out much better than the other batch with the french milled soap I used. I had mine set up in about 6 hours and it set up firm so I used my immersion blender to blend it with a little more water and it has been working out great for us. Next time I will try adding a little more glycerin to the soap mix and stir it occasionally. I have not been stirring it while it is setting up maybe that is why it is getting set up so hard. Thanks for the great tutorial.

• Sandra says:

Hi Shelly, thanks for the comments. :-) It’s interesting to note that different soaps will take different amounts of time to set. 6 hours is a big difference from 10-12 hours, but it is nice to have your soap ready in a shorter amount of time. I’ll have to keep that in mind.

Stirring definitely helps. I give my soap a good stir every few hours.

I’m so glad you tried making the homemade hand soap twice already and that it’s working for your family.

2. Gina H says:

I love it!! Awesome Job!!

3. Jenny G says:

I like this, I’ve been wanting to try this for awhile now! I’ve never made any sort of soap though so have been nervous about trying-I think I’ll give it a go now.

• Sandra says:

Yay, Jenny! That’s wonderful, and as you can see from my tutorial, it’s very easy to do. :-) Not hard at all.

4. Thanks for the video! Next time I will try adding more glycerin and see if that helps with the stringiness. I’m also interested in trying different soaps like Shelly did.

5. Cassie says:

I made soap today but didn’t have the liquid glycerin so I did it without. I also used 4 cups of water with 2 bars of soap.. It came out ok buy I am going to try your way next time with different soap! I got it from the dollar store 2 bars for 1 dollar and does it matter what kind of water I read somewhere use distilled water? Never made anything homemade before but it’s fun!

6. Homemade soap says:

I am very interested in homemade soap and I already made one, but it was not exactly the same as the others did. After watching your video I decided to try it again.

Trackbacks

1. […] friends Sandra over at The Sensible Mom and Erin over at My Mommy World made this recipe a while back. I made a batch a while ago but left […]

Thanks so much for stopping by The Sensible Mom! Now join the conversation!